Saturday, October 17, 2009




Kevin arrived in El Salvador early on Tuesday morning, September 15. Here are some excerpts from his first letter from Central America.

"My first thoughts when I got off the plane were, wow it´s humid and wow I feel like a giant."
"You will be happy to know that not only is my trainer a native who doesn´t know English but he is also four feet tall. It´s way funny and all the kids comment on it and how I am ¨bien alto¨. My trainer is a way good elder though and is way patient with the fact that I am not very good at Spanish."

"My area right now is Sansonate which happens to be the hottest area in the entire mission. And air conditioners are things of legend. Luckily we have a fan and it rains often enough were it keeps it pretty cool. We have a pretty good house. Running water, a shower, and electricity."

"I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. I know that only through this church can we come unto Christ. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called of God and that the 12 Apostles are called of God as well."



No comments:

Post a Comment