Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I don't remember Kevin writing about San Mateo but here is a picture taken there.

I guess it is a swamp area where all of the walk ways are boards on posts. Seeing this made me curious about San Mateo so I Googled it and came up with this video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4zYQL5Zr8I
(Note: This is not intended as a solicitation.)

The next picture is Kevin's answer to the video's question, "Could you be so happy with so little?".

He got to go last in the white elephant exchange put on by the missionary couple which allowed him to choose the twistable crayons. As you can see, he seems to be quite pleased with this little treasure which he plans to use to mark his scriptures.

It seems that the people of San Pedro Island like their Christmas trees big.

I am wondering how many locals had to stand on the shoulders of others to decorate this thing.

Here, Kevin is proudly showing us his new bike.

The background he chose makes me believe he is rubbing our nose in the fact that we have had a long winter already and tomorrow is the first official day of winter. (Suddenly I feel old as I look at the date on the picture.)

You remember Linda. She is the lady who sent a wonderful note to us the night she was baptized. Well, she is moving to the U.S. and Kevin and his companion helped her pack up. As they were doing so, she saw something move in the neighbor's back yard. She said, "Look, its an alligator."

Kevin had never seen a gator on the island and so he was very incredulous. He responded, "That's a croc." I can't tell if he is right or not.

Here is a close up so you can decide yourself.


Melanie said my last post was too long so I will end here.


1 comment:

  1. For the record...the longer the better. I think you have me confused with another kid.

    ReplyDelete