Monday, September 20, 2010

This week's first picture has Kevin standing in a corn field. I wonder if it made him homesick.

Surrounded by corn, he could be in Illinois - right? Nope! There are mountains in the background.

The story here is that they were helping an investigator weed his field. He has a brother and a nephew who will be jealous that he got to use a machete.

Our next picture shows Kevin carrying water for a sister in the ward. I'm not sure if he tried balancing it on his head like they do in the movies or National Geographic. The road on which he is walking helps us understand how his shoes could have been destroyed.

We didn't get a picture of his small-of-stature companion carrying a water jug but Kevin reports that the neighbor children found some entertainment in watching.



Finally, we have a picture of a caterpillar found by the other missionary companion. It looks like the plastic bowl has not been washed for weeks and my guess is that the caterpillar will not make it to butterfly status if it eats anything on or near that bowl.

I feel that all my posts focus on the humorous and that I should round them out with Kevin's testimony. Here it is.

I know that God lives and that He loves us. I know that Jesus suffered and died for us so that we could have the means to return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that He leads and guides this church through a modern day prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment