Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kevin didn't have any pictures to send this week so I thought I would do a little research on his recently named new mission president. Thanks to Facebook, here is a picture of him with his wife.

Here is some information from when he was called as an Area Seventy almost six years ago. I updated his age.

I. Poloski Cordon,
43, Guatemala City, Guatemala; temple recorder, Guatemala City Guatemala Temple; former president of the Villa Nueva Guatemala Stake; former bishop's counselor and high councilor. Wife: Lorena; four children.

I think he begins his service in El Salvador July 1 which will be shortly before Kevin comes home.

Interesting note: When he was announced as the new mission president, they used a different name for the mission. I guess it will be known as the El Salvador Santa Ana/Belize Mission.

The current mission president flew to Belize for conferences and interviews. I guess there is another zone in Belize and they came to be interviewed as well. That, and some missing keys, led to another opportunity, as told in Kevin's words.

"That night the missionaries from the other zone spent the night so usually we stay in the down stairs of the distribution center where they have a ton of foam pads. But we had some bad luck with keys because the brother that had the keys took them to another part of the country and we all had to sleep on the floor in the upstairs. It was rather unpleasant especially since I have no fat on my body and my bones where just grinding into the tile floor."

Here's his testimony.

I know that Christ lives and that He is our savior. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. I know that this is Christ's Church and that it is led by a modern day prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment