Thursday, April 14, 2011

We will open this week's post with an example of the law of witnesses. You know - the truth will be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

In this case, each of Kevin's legs is a witness that, although he lived on a Caribbean island for many months, he did not spend any beach time (other than baptisms).

The above picture was taken as they were providing service to the distribution center by lowering furniture from the second floor to the first.

We have another picture of the infamous van because it provided some excitement this week.

As previously noted, the mission president expects the Belize zone leaders to be very prepared for his visits so that all goes well. Kevin and his companion parked outside of the airport to wait for the president's plane to arrive so as to avoid paying for parking. When it came time to start the van, it didn't. The thought of the president having to wait for them caused them to freak out a bit. Fortunately, some members responded to calls for help and they made it on time.

Here is a picture from the recent zone conference. It appears that Kevin has regained the honor of being the tallest.


I guess they have zone conferences every three months so this was the last before the current mission president ends his mission. Therefore, he and his wife had pictures taken with each of the companionships.

As it turns out, it is Kevin's last zone conference before he ends his mission. Although he has slightly over three months before he finishes, he saw his name on the list of those who were to testify because they would be ending their missions before the next conference.

As I read that, I remembered receiving my travel plans to come home at the end of my mission. It took me a while to process and accept the fact that my mission would end. I had to go through something of a mourning process.

Here is Kevin's testimony.

"I know that God lives and loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior. I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ that is lead by a modern-day prophet. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration. "

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to continue to blog about his college life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't planning to. I know how disappointing that must be to my three readers.

    ReplyDelete