Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You never know what experiences you might have on your mission that will cause you to pray with all the energy of heart. Here is an extract from Kevin's recent email.

"So it takes about an hour and a half to get to Belize City (on a bus from a missionary exchange) and about 20 to 30 minutes [into the trip] I needed to go number two. So the entire trip I was grabbing the seat in front of me trying to hold it in. I have never prayed so hard in my life."

Long story short - his prayer was answered favorably but required them to get off the bus in a little town about 20 minutes shy of their destination.

Having edified you with that little bit of news, I will move to a topic that represents answers to prayers offered in less urgent circumstances.

Here we have a picture of Kevin and his companion with Celina who was baptized the end of March. I'm not sure if this is the lady with the boyfriend who is a member of the church and who provided some excitement by almost pulling out.


Here we have Keyon. He is 14 and related to a recent convert.

This is a group picture of those who were baptized last Saturday. Keyon is included as well as the father and his two children mentioned below. The other people are the relatives of those who were baptized.

In this picture we have Charles, a recently reactivated member, with his 8-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter whom he baptized. Kevin reports that it took four tries to get the son complete immersed. I'm sure that caused some stress for the father.

Here is Kevin's testimony.

"I know that Christ is our savior and that He atoned for our sins. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a modern-day prophet."

No comments:

Post a Comment